Microsoft® Office 2010: Essentials Course provides an excellent survey of Office 2010 for introductory-level students. Though written for beginning computer users, this text provides an in-depth look at computer concepts and the Office 2010 applications.
Microsoft® Office 2010: Essentials is an excellent survey of Office 2010 for introductory-level students. Though written for beginning computer users, this text provides an in-depth look at computer concepts and the Office 2010 applications.
This full color solution offers:
- New exercises incorporating work-readiness skills that reflect SCANS competencies
- Online concept review quizzes offering immediate student feedback
- Web simulations for Outlook and exercises that cannot always be done in the lab
- Seamless integration of video tutorials for every topic in every lesson
- Four new case studies feature progressive themes and focus on situations that learners are likely to encounter
You'll find the same, relevant topics from previous editions, along with plenty of features new to Office 2010. In the first lessons, students are introduced to basic computer concepts, including components and computer types, hardware and software, and computer security. The Windows lesson includes Windows XP, Vista, and 7, so you don't have to worry if your lab or your student doesn't have a particular version.
A new Online Collaboration lesson covers Web 2.0, cloud computing, social networking, and threaded discussions.
The following lessons introduce the major Office 2010 applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
The text concludes with a comprehensive, Capstone Integration Project that incorporate all the skills learned in the book.
New in 2010
- 25 lessons
- 48+ contact hours
- Spiral binding for lay-flat use
- Based on proven Labyrinth Instructional Design
- Ideal for self-paced or instructor-led learning environments
- Step-by-step, skills-based approach ensures that students master subjects and achieve success quickly
- Real-world focus helps students develop practical skills they can apply immediately
- Quick Reference tables covering major tasks (useful for reference outside of class)
- Exercises increase in complexity throughout each lesson to challenge students
- WebSims supplement our student-friendly lessons to reinforce tasks that are not well suited for computer labs
- Instructor support and student resources
- Updated case studies throughout; these new companies reflect organizations and situations that students are likely to encounter
- Critical Thinking exercises now incorporate work-readiness skills, such as collaboration, writing effectively, public speaking, and more
- Ribbon customization
- Backstage view
- Word: Combined Print and Print Preview
- Word: Navigation Pane
- Excel: Conditional formatting (new icon sets, more data bar options)
- PowerPoint: New themes
- PowerPoint: Sections
- PowerPoint: Artistic effects on photos
- PowerPoint: Background removal
- PowerPoint: Insert screen capture
- PowerPoint: Transitions and animations
Average Rating: 5 on 2 ratings.