Editing & Supplemental Materials Authoring
Positions are contract on an as-needed basis. Compensation is hourly based. Attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and the ability to meet tight deadlines are required. Unless otherwise arranged, contractors are required to obtain all tools needed to complete assignments. Other requirements may apply.
For consideration, email a cover letter and your current résumé/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position(s) desired in the email Subject line. All candidates must complete and pass an evaluation.
- Developmental Editors: Work directly with authors to prepare complete, well-organized, and properly written manuscripts. Involved helping authors implement Labyrinth's instructional design, reorganizing and/or guiding in content rewriting, and substantive editing. Experience required.
- Copyeditors: Ensure clear and effective writing, grammatical correctness, consistency, proper formatting, and adherence to Labyrinth's internal conventions.
- Proofreaders: Review composed pages for the inclusion and correct placement of all elements; proper grammar and mechanics; proper numbering, alignment, buttons and figures; etc.
- Instructor Support Material (ISM) Authors: Create original or update existing test questions, lecture notes, overview presentations, and/or assessment exercises.
- Quality Assurance (QA) Testers: Ensure that all exercises work exactly as intended. This is not an editing position. Extremely high attention to detail is required. Instructors currently teaching the manuscript subject matter is preferred.