Innovative by Design
Labyrinth textbooks offer a profoundly different learning experience from mainstream offerings. The reason is the Labyrinth Instructional Design, our unique approach that develops student independence and promotes fast and easy learning.
- Strong conceptual foundation followed by effective, hands-on learning. We start with the fundamental concept, so learners know what they're learning and why. Separating the concepts from the 'how to' steps minimizes confusion and facilitates deeper understanding.
- Systematic progression of exercises. We begin with detailed, step-by-step tutorials that show learners exactly what to do, then use end-of-lesson exercises for practical skill-building. This helps students master material quickly and confidently.
- Seamlessly integrated multimedia content. Lessons are reinforced with multimedia content that expand your ability to reach every student. Content may include video tutorials, web simulations, interactive concept quizzes, and more. Multimedia content is carefully integrated with the textbook, with key resources referenced in the book at the location of the topic they support. These multimedia resources build confidence, reinforce lessons and increase retention. View a sample video.
- Clear, integrated callouts that clarify illustrations. Precise callouts with clarifying content point directly to the item under discussion. There are no abstract figures; there are no lists with figure numbers that reference a figure located elsewhere. Our use of integrated callouts is a key factor in the ease of learning by students.
- Effective and efficient use of illustrations. We blend text and illustrations to maximize ease of use and ensure every page is used as efficiently as possible. In cases where an illustration does not help to clarify learning, we conserve the space with text-based instruction only. This allows us to use the space for more detail in the areas that benefit from further clarification, or to cover the same material in fewer pages, reducing your cost.
- Streamlined layout that eliminates distraction. We help learners focus on one task at a time. We avoid sidebars, overuse of color, and other elements that compete for the learner's attention.
Check out the Office 2016 solutions in the Mastery Series, or our Business and Accounting Series, that includes QuickBooks and Payroll Accounting.