FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
New computer literacy testing solution offers fast, accurate and affordable assessment of computer skills
BERKELEY, CA – Oct 1, 2012 – Labyrinth Learning, Inc., today announced the upcoming release of eLab Skills Evaluation Tool (SET), a flexible and cost-effective online tool that easily and accurately gauges knowledge of computer concepts, the internet, email, Microsoft Office applications, and more.
"Students who lack basic computer skills struggle in standard computing courses and in online courses. eLab SET offers a quick and accurate way of confirming whether students possess the skills needed to succeed, and allows institutions and training centers to match them with the best course for their skill level," said Brian Favro, founder of Labyrinth Learning. "And after the course, students can be assessed to measure the improvement in their skills."
Unlike other assessment platforms, eLab SET was developed specifically for computer literacy. Drawing from Labyrinth’s experience of nearly 20 years of creating innovative, easy-to-use, and effective computer learning materials, eLab SET provides everything needed to create, administer and accurately evaluate student computer skills before, during, and/or after coursework.
Highlights of eLab SET include:
• Comprehensive Question Library. The eLab SET question library contains introductory to advanced questions spanning computer concepts, the internet, email, file management and Microsoft Office applications. Select a standard computer basics test, or customize by choosing your topics, the number of questions in each area, and the individual questions to be used.
• Highly Realistic Testing Environment. Select from highly realistic simulation questions as well as true/false, multiple choice, matching, and sequence questions. Simulation questions allow multiple paths to completion, giving students full opportunity to demonstrate their skills.
• Flexible, Online Access. Tests are administered online and can be scheduled to be taken anytime, anywhere, at any online computer – before students arrive, at the start of a course, or after students have completed the course. You choose when and where students take the test, and whether they can take it once or multiple times.
• Built-in Fraud Protection. Guard against cheating with features to scramble exam questions or randomly select questions for each student.
• Reports. Get instant and accurate results and provide them to students immediately or at a later date. Reports enable tracking and analyzing of individual and group results, providing input for optimal course placement and course adjustments.
• Proven Platform. eLab SET is built on Labyrinth’s proven eLab Assessment & Learning Management platform which has been serving educators and insitutions since 2009.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY: Labyrinth Learning publishes engaging, easy-to-use textbooks and combines them with instructor support materials and innovative online tools to create true learning solutions for community colleges, corporate training, career and technical education, and other programs. Get the full story at lablearning.com.