Microsoft® Access 2013: Essentials provides extensive, thorough training of Access 2013. This text covers introductory through advanced topics, and is ideal for the computer user who wants to become well versed in using Access 2013.
Topics introduced in Unit 1 include the Ribbon interface, creating tables in Datasheet view, previewing and printing data, designing databases, creating database objects, formatting tables, lookup fields, field properties, queries, and more. Unit 2 covers such topics as designing a relational database, split forms, creating and modifying reports, parameter queries, crosstab queries, customizing input forms, creating custom reports, and more.
In Unit 3, students are introduced to complex forms, calculated controls, complex reports, subreports, database customization, splitting databases, customizing the user interface, and more. The text concludes with an integration lesson.
This textbook is available in print or as an enhanced ebook accessible through any web browser and any mobile device. Our ebooks offer the same content as our print edition, plus embedded video, direct links to interactive content, and ebook features such as searching, annotation, and highlighting.
When purchasing an ebook, you are purchasing a license key which will allow you to access the ebook through our partner, VitalSource for 6 months.
- 12 lessons
- 48+ contact hours
- Spiral binding for lay-flat use
- Based on the proven Labyrinth Instructional Design
- Ideal for self-paced or instructor-led learning environments
- Step-by-step, skills-based approach ensures that students master subjects and achieve success quickly
- Real-world focus helps students develop practical skills they can apply immediately
- Quick Reference tables covering major tasks (useful for reference outside of class)
- Exercises increase in complexity throughout each lesson to challenge students
- WebSims supplement our student-friendly lessons to reinforce tasks that are not well suited for computer labs
- Instructor support and student resources
New in 2013
- Updated case studies throughout; these new companies reflect organizations and situations that students are likely to encounter
- Critical Thinking exercises now incorporate work-readiness skills, such as collaboration, writing effectively, public speaking, and more
- Ribbon customization
- Navigation forms
Average Rating: 5 on 8 ratings.