Effective Date: February 3, 2020
How We Collect Personal Information
We may collect information from you in many ways including when you use our website, register in one of our Services, purchase our products, download content, redeem codes, complete assignments and tests, submit support cases, or contact us in any manner, including via telephone or by completing website forms.
Types of Information We Might Collect from You
The types of information we collect may include but are not limited to the following:
- Usernames and passwords
- First and last name, email address, postal address, and telephone number
- Your educational, professional, and personal interests
- Payment information, such as credit or debit card numbers
- Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses used to connect your computing device to the Internet
- Tracking codes such as cookies
- Comments, feedback, posts, and other information you may provide through use of our services
- Communication preferences
- Purchase and search history
How We Might Use Your Information
We may use the information we’ve collected from you to:
- provide the Services you requested;
- help develop and improve our Services;
- provide you with information about Services including updates and enhancements;
- administer your account and respond to your requests;
- facilitate downloading of materials for courses;
- enhance and improve your learning experience by personalizing the delivery of content through technologies like adaptive learning;
- track, evaluate, analyze, and report on your performance within our Services;
- manage support cases, user registrations, and payments;
- prevent, investigate, and address fraud, violation of intellectual property rights and other laws and unauthorized use of our Services or your account;
- as otherwise reasonable and appropriate to the legitimate business needs of Labyrinth as related to our Services.
Privacy of Minors
Protecting the privacy of minors under the age of 18 (“Minors”) is especially important to us. For this reason, we are committed to complying with government regulations applicable to the collection and use of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) including FERPA. If you are under the age of 18 you are not allowed to register in any of our Services without the direction and consent of a parent, legal guardian, or teacher or administrator from the school you attend.
We consider any PII collected from Minors to be the property of the schools that use our learning and assessment services (our “Learning Services”). We have adopted a minimalist approach to collecting PII in our Learning Services with first name, last name, email address, and password being the only PII we collect. We will not use PII collected from Minors for any purpose other than to serve the schools that use our Services.
If we determine that PII of Minors has been collected without appropriate notification or consent, then we will take the appropriate steps needed to delete such information and prohibit its further collection.
If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child has a registered account which provides us with access to PII without your consent, then you may request that we delete the account or take other actions by contacting us using the methods described in the Contact Us section of this policy.
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
We will never sell your personal Information to a third party.
And we will only share your information when it is necessary to help facilitate the effective operation of our business and services. Examples of how we may share the information we collect from you include:
- With companies that provide us with business services including those that process credit card and debit card transactions. These service providers will be given only the information that is necessary to allow them to effectively deliver services.
- Through integrations we have with software systems provided by businesses and educational institutions where learning- and assessment-related data such as your engagement level, scores you obtain on assignments and tests, and other learning analytics are transferred between systems.
- In aggregated, anonymized, and/or de-identified form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process.
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other agencies as necessary to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements; protect the rights, property, or safety of Labyrinth, its business partners, you, or others; or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Third Party Registrations
Some third-party integrations such as those we have with learning management systems will allow you to register and sign in through the third-party system without the need to login to our Services (“single sign-on”). If you are using one of these single sign-on integrations, then any personal information collected during that third-party registration and login is subject to the information security and privacy policies of the third party.
We are taking reasonable administrative, technical, physical, electronic, and managerial safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized access or disclosure. Access to your personal information is restricted to only those who need to know that information in order to perform their job functions. In addition, we train our employees and contractors about the importance of maintaining the confidentiality and security of your information. Despite these efforts, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or disclosure of information will never happen. If you have concerns, then do not use our Services.
You have the right to stop receiving communications from us such as promotional emails (“opting out”). These communications will always have an opt out link that you can click to stop automated emails and other forms of automated communications.
You also have the right to contact us in writing to determine whether we maintain or use your personal information using the methods described in the Contact Us section of this policy. You may ask us to:
Please note, however, that certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep your information to allow you to continue to use our products and services or to comply with a legal obligation. If at any point you wish to review or change your preferences, you can use the "opt-out" or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive from us.
- provide you with the personal information that we maintain, the purpose for which it is used, the recipients of such information, the existence of any automated decision making involving your personal information, and what transfer safeguards we have in place;
- fix any errors in your personal information;
- delete your personal information;
- transfer your personal information to a third party at your request;
We use "cookies" on our website. A cookie is data stored on a site visitor's computing device to help improve access to a website and identify repeat visitors. Cookies can enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our website and to serve relevant ads across the Internet. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any PII on our website.
Our website uses Google Analytics, including Google Display Network Impression Reporting and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, to measure and record anonymous visitor data. This anonymous data may be used to serve advertisements via Google's advertising and Remarketing channels and third-party vendors to users on various websites. This site and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on past visits to our website. You can opt-out of these reports by managing your Google account settings and by using Google Analytics' opt out tool.
For How Long Will We Retain Your Personal Information?
We will retain your personal information and any data we’ve collected from you for as long as is reasonably needed to provide Services to you and to fulfill our contractual obligations to you. We may also retain and use your data as necessary to resolve disputes, enforce agreements, and to comply with legal, regulatory, or accounting requirements.
Comments, Questions, or Concerns
Any comments, questions, or concerns about this policy or objections to our use of your personal information should be directed towards our Information Security and Privacy officer as indicated in the Contact Us section of this policy.
- via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- write to us at the following address:
Attention: Information Security and Privacy Officer
PO Box 2669
Danville, CA 94526