QuickBooks Online: Level 1
Note: Use this edition for Spring 2019 classes.
This book is for courses using Intuit's Cloud-Based QuickBooks, not the Desktop software version. Please check to ensure you order the correct book for your class.
TEACHING CLOUD BASED SOFTWARE: WHAT TO EXPECT
- Intuit makes monthly changes to the QBO software
- When Intuit releases a monthly update, it is released to different servers in phases. This means that different students in the same classroom may have different versions of the software.
- Updates to the textbook are periodically issued, but updates do not occur simultaneously with the release of the software. Screens and features in the text may differ from the latest software release.
- New versions of the print and ebook texts are available each term.
Need your book immediately? Don't order the print book!
If you order a print book, your ebook code will not arrive until the book arrives in the mail. For immediate access to the ebook, select the ebook only version.
Quick Grader: The most robust QuickBooks automated grading solution available
View the Quick Grader Video
- Our eLab Quick Grader technology automatically grades reports and provides instant feedback to students. All solutions include an eLab license key, providing automatically graded projects and assessments.
This course is designed to help address various challenges faced by students and educators in computerized accounting courses.The Level 1 book features the first six chapters of the Comprehensive title.
If you have used our QuickBooks 2015: Level 1 book, this edition has been upgraded with the addition of Chapter 6, a comprehensive project integrating all concepts learned in the previous chapters.
Because an eBook can be updated more quickly than a print book can, the eBook option
means students will receive instruction on software changes in a timely manner, providing them with up-to-date content more quickly than they would receive with a print book. The responsive design of the eBook adapts to any phone, tablet, or notebook computer and features built-in highlighting, note-taking, and video tutorials.
Special Features to Enhance Student Learning:
- Behind the Scenes: Shows the accounting that QuickBooks Online performs when transactions are recorded
- Best Practice: Provides guidance on best practices for using QuickBooks Online
- Check Figure: Used within exercises, shows correct amounts so students can determine if their accounting is on track
- Video Tutorials: Used in lieu of text paragraphs to introduce concepts that are more effectively presented via video than text
QuickBooks Online eLab Course:
- Step-by-Step Approach Leads to Mastery of Skills: Optimized for hands-on learning of computer applications. Our exercise progression provides various levels of reinforcement exercises that allow students to demonstrate their ability to apply the concepts and skills to real-world scenarios.
- Coverage of Basic Accounting Concepts: Includes coverage of basic accounting concepts, with features that help students connect the underlying accounting principles to QuickBooks skills.
- Automatically Graded Reports with Quick Grader: eLab Quick Grader technology automates the grading of reports generated in the Apply Your Skills exercises and provides instant feedback to the student.
- Comprehensive Project for Real-World Application: A comprehensive project can be used as a capstone project to allow students to pull together all of the concepts and skills they learned and apply them in a real-world scenario.
- Coverage of Service and Merchandise Company: The textbook example begins as a service company and then moves to a service and merchandise company to provide students with the experience of working with both types of companies.
- Repetition of Tasks: The Tackle the Tasks exercise provides students with lots of repetition in performing the QuickBooks Online tasks introduced in the chapter, allowing them to practice and master their newly acquired skills.
- Ebook Implements Software Updates More Quickly: Intuit releases monthly updates to QuickBooks Online, which can render printed textbooks out of date very quickly. Our ebook option allows teaching of these updates to be released to students more quickly than waiting for a reprint or new edition.
- Use of QuickBooks Online Trial Software: Students use the QuickBooks Online Test Drive to develop their skills and then build a company in the end-of-chapter exercises using the 12 month QuickBooks Online trial software license available free of charge from the Intuit Education Program.
Robust Package of Resources for Students & Educators:
- Labyrinth eLab provides a Build Your Course option and a Ready to Go Course option, where tests and assignments are already setup for you.
- Tests and Quick Grader assignments in eLab are automatically graded and provide instant feedback to the student.
- An eLab license key is included with the textbook at no additional cost to the student.
- Our QuickBooks Online solution includes a robust package of student and instructor resources to enhance student learning and make course preparation easier for educators.
Average Rating: 0 on 0 ratings.